Do kids know all the old favorites? Are they creative enough to make up their own games in the pool? Are you creative enough to come up with a new game?
- Marco-Polo - hopefully everyone knows this one!
- Sharks and minnows
- Dive for quarters
- Dive for quarters with your toes
- Dive for quarters with your eyes closed
- Dive for golf balls
- Get the greased watermelon out of the pool
- Who can swim the farthest under water.
- Who can jump the farthest into the pool from a standing position
- Butt-bumpers - hold hands, go under water and put your feet together, push feet forward and upward until your are upside down and bumping butts
- Tea Party
- Guess what I am saying underwater (best with three or more people)
- How fast of a whirlpool can we get going in the pool
- Try to push me off my raft
- Who can float the longest
- Who can do a handstand the longest
- Make up your own synchronized swimming routine
- Who can make the biggest splash with one hand swat
- Who can squirt water out of their hands the farthest
- Who can squirt water out of their armpit the farthest
- Try to make a clapping noise under water
- Who can balance on a noodle with two feet the longest
- Who can balance on a noodle with one foot the longest
And anything else your creative mind can think up! Put any good ones in the comments!
Gem of Wisdom: For more fun in the pool and bonding with your kids, come up with a creative game!